1. Defensive Driving and PASS are the required elements of the driver training program. The
CPR, AED and First courses scheduled are strictly elective and is provided for the
convenience of those systems that require the training.
2. Both Defensive Driving and PASS are each 8 hour courses. We have scheduled some courses
on consecutive days to meet demand. There has been some confusion that the trainings are two
3. Drug & Alcohol and Title VI training is relevant only to transit managers and any
other administrative personnel involved in compliance with these areas. Personnel whose sole
responsibility is transporting the general public are not required to attend these courses.
Sponsored by the Nebraska Department of Transportation and the University of Nebraska.
Saturday, Jul 7th, 2018 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
In this second day of Driver Bootcamp you will get Defensive Driving instruction in the classroom, hands on activities, and listen to speakers from the area. Along with that you will be given the opportunity to participate in driving simulators. This is an 8-hour course.
Classroom topics pertaining to Transportation Providers include:
1) Personal and Professional Excellence
2) The Fatal Four
3) Factors that Contribute to collisions
4) Risk Management
5) Driver Liability
6) SIPDE 2013 Defensive Driving System
7) Discussion of Vehicle Dynamics
8) Managing and Eliminating Distractions
9) Restraints and Airbags
10) Safe Vehicle Operations
11) Driving and the Environment
When & Where
The Ron and Carol Cope Nebraska Center for Safety Education and Research 1801 W Railroad St Kearney, NE 68845