Conduct the Grand Island intercity bus operational analysis, identify park and ride locations, determine sustainability, and develop a marketing plan. Deliver a plan to NDOT with these elements.
The local project team will review previous studies completed for the tri-city area, in addition to current travel patterns among Grand Island, Kearney, and Hastings. A Technical Committee will be developed and assist in developing realistic goals and objectives for the service, for both the short-term and long-term. The local team will review and discuss project needs, gaps, and strategies for proposed transit routes between the three cities. The local project team will conduct multiple stakeholder interviews to ensure input from each of the communities is considered for the final transit routes.
The FTA 5311 (f) policies and regulations will be thoroughly reviewed to understand and maximize funding resources for the future transit service. The local project team will provide community overview, including socioeconomic and demographic data, major activity centers, travel flow and patterns, and an inventory of existing services and providers. Service alternatives will be developed, which include route alternatives, service characteristics, operating and capital costs. The advantages and disadvantages for each option will be compared, with a recommended preferred alternative.
- Monday, September 23 from 5:00-7:00 pm
Grand Island City Hall Community Room - 100 E. First St. Grand Island, NE 68801
- Tuesday, September 24 from 5:00-7:00 pm
Adams County Fairgrounds Activities Building - 947 S. Baltimore Ave Hastings, NE 68901
- Wednesday, September 25 from 5:00-7:00 pm
UNK Alumni House - 2222 9th Ave Kearney, NE 68845
- June 18, 2019 – Notice to Proceed
- July 31, 2019 – NDOT Kickoff Meeting
- July 31, 2019 – Project Kickoff Conference Call Meeting
- September 30, 2019 – Existing Conditions Public Engagement
- December 31, 2019 – Alternatives Public Engagement
- March 31, 2020 – Anticipated Study Completion
Return to Active Projects.