Provide statewide mobility management services to include coordination, marketing, trip planning, and travel training.
Participate in the assessment of the need for mobility managers in each of the 6 identified regions.
Facilitate coordination among the 6 Coordination Regions across the state.
Statewide Mobility Manager William (Bill) Bivin leads and assists with mobility management projects across the state. The Mobility Manager will review strategies from each region, update as appropriate, and make a plan for implementation that works for each region.
September 2022 – Nebraska continues its work to enable and provide public transit agencies with the digital tools increasingly necessary for managing public transit. Nebraska now has 22 rural agencies using scheduling and dispatching software. This provides both immediate and long-term efficiencies in public transit and enables future statewide trip planning. Some of the current projects and activities include the following:
- Statewide trip planning
- KCTS expansion
- North Fork Area Transit facility and expansion
- Hastings transportation study
- Cedar County Transit National RTAP grant
- Lancaster County Health Equity Coalition
- Nebraska Olmstead Transportation workgroup
- Nebraska Association of Transportation Providers Board
- Nebraska Safety Center Advisory Board
- Grand Island transit development plan
- Intercity bus planning
February 2021 – Over the past year, the Mobility Manager has been a huge resource for agencies and those in need of transit. With the backing of the NDOT, the Mobility Manager helped implement software for 16 agencies. Additionally, the Manager has become increasingly involved with groups and organizations at both the state and regional level including:
- MO Rides
- National RTAP
- National Center for Mobility Management
- Colorado DOT: “Connected Colorado”
- StarTran Advisory Board
- FTA Region 7 Office
- Nebraska Department of Economic Development
- NACO Leadership Institute
- Council on Public Transportation and Multi-State Transit Technical Assistance Program (MTAP)
Return to Active Projects.