Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 8 half cup servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower or 16 ounces store-bought cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter or substitute extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh herbs like parsley, dill, cilantro, and basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or more to taste
- To turn a head of cauliflower into rice, there are two options. Use a food processor or use a box grater.
- If using a food processor, cut the head of cauliflower into medium chunks and remove the core. Working in batches, add the cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is broken down into very small bits that resemble rice.
- If using a box grater, cut the head of cauliflower into quarters and remove the core. Use the medium-sized holes to grate each quarter into small bits resembling rice.
- Optional step, for the best cauliflower rice, before cooking, transfer the riced cauliflower to a clean dish towel and press to remove excess moisture.