Get your health-conscious sweet tooth on this fall with a coffee cake and simple apple dip
Coffee Cake Ingredients:
- 1 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ c. sugar or Splenda
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup lite sour cream
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 c. flour or gluten free flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ t. soda
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- 2 T. sugar or Splenda mixed with ½ t. cinnamon
Coffee Cake Directions:
- Thoroughly cream together applesauce and sugar.
- Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Mix well.
- Blend in flour, baking powder and soda. Mix until smooth.
- Spoon half of the batter in well-greased 9-inch angel food cake pan or bundt pan. Sprinkle with half of the nuts and half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Spoon remaining batter into pan. Sprinkle remaining nuts and cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for approximately 50-55 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cool 20 minutes then remove from pan.
Apple Dip Ingredients:
- 1 c. plain or vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 8 Strawberries
- 2 T. Honey
Apple Dip Directions:
- Grind strawberries in food process and add to Greek yogurt. Blend in honey.
- Cut up apples or other fruit and enjoy.
Download a PDF of the wellness newsletter to print and share with your employees.