Instead of traditional Super Bowl snacks, try munching on these healthy recipes instead!
8 servings. 292 calories/serving
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Pepperoni slices (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Brown sausage in a pan over medium heat until cooked through. Once cooked, pour marinara sauce on top of sausage and stir together. Remove from heat.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Leave ¼ to ½ inch of flesh around the outside of the zucchini.
- Place zucchini on a baking sheet and place several spoonfuls of sausage mixture into each zucchini until they are full. Top with mozzarella cheese and slices of pepperoni (optional).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until tender crisp. If you’d like softer zucchini, bake a few minutes longer. Serve warm.
4 servings 185 calories/serving
- 3 ripe avocadoes
- ½ small onion. Finely diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Slice avocados in half, remove pit, and scoop into a mixing bowl. Mash with a fork and make as chunky or smooth as you’d like.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir together. Taste test to see if more salt or lime juice is needed. Serve with tortilla chips, corn chips, or veggies!
Download a PDF of the wellness newsletter to print and share with your employees.