Governor Pete Ricketts will sign a proclamation March 12 at 10 a.m. at the state capitol declaring April 7-13 as Nebraska Public Transit Week. Show your support for a service that helps thousands of Nebraskans stay mobile and access critical services like education, employment, and medical care.
Below is a list of events and activities across the state to celebrate with us! Join other members of your community in showing support for the local transit system, and discover what public transit can do for you.
- Monday – Crossword Day: Enjoy and return the custom transit crossword for a free treat.
- Tuesday – Buddy Day: Bring a friend with you; two for the price of one.
- Wednesday – Appreciation Day: Receive a free donut for riding the bus.
- Thursday – Veterans Day: Veterans ride free.
- Friday – Gift Day: Receive a gift from Nebraska Public Transit when you ride the bus.